Did you know that humidifiers can actually make your home atmosphere worse? Yes, that can actually happen if you don’t routinely clean your humidifier. If you own a HoMedics ultrasonic humidifier, one of the most important things you should do is conduct a weekly cleanup.
Why are we suggesting it? It’s because constant usage of humidifiers can cause it to accumulate dust and minerals in its internal parts. As a result, it can actually spread harmful pathogens and bacteria in the atmosphere. Thus, you might ask “how to clean HoMedics humidifiers?”.
Well, we are here to help you get acquainted with the cleaning steps. So, to get your HoMedics humidifier cleaned within minutes, follow our guide till the very end.
- What’s The Point Of Cleaning My Homedics Humidifier?
- How To Clean HoMedics Humidifiers? [10 Easy Steps]
- What Not To Do When Cleaning Your HoMedics Ultrasonic Humidifier?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Bottom Line
What’s The Point Of Cleaning My Homedics Humidifier?
As we all know, humidifiers keep our atmosphere’s moisture content at an optimum level. By doing that, not only does it make the home a relaxing place for humans, but it also benefits the pets as well.
Now, although a humidifier is a useful tool for households that are situated in a winter-based region, it can be the cause of a lot of harm as well (if you don’t keep it cleaned and maintain it properly). Let’s see what the perks are that you’ll get by routinely cleaning your HoMedics humidifier.
Keeping The Device Efficient In Its Performance:
If you clean up the humidifier on a routine basis, it will be able to provide you with a long-lasting lifetime. The most fantastic benefit of the HoMedics humidifier is that it makes your home atmosphere cozier and more comfortable to live in. So, if you want your household environment to stay that way, you must clean up your humidifier every week.
Since maintaining a humidifier ensures that your home atmosphere is healthy, it prevents various diseases like chronic cough, cold, pneumonia, etc. If you know how to clean your HoMedics humidifier, you can stay more healthy. As a result, you won’t have to take sick days from your job anymore.
Prevents Skin Itchiness:
As you may all know, dry skin does not stimulate pleasant feelings. If you don’t have a functional humidifier at your home, the window season will leave your skin itching 24/7. So,in order to keep your humidifier fully functional, you have to keep cleaning it on a weekly basis.
Prevents Sore Throats:
A dry atmosphere not only affects our comfort level but also makes our throat dry as well. As a result, people who don’t have a working humidifier at home will likely face soreness in the throat. So, we recommend that you clean your humidifier and keep it functional to prevent throat soreness.
Maintaining Optimum Humidity:
If you don’t keep your humidifier fully cleaned, it will lose its efficiency in the job of maintaining the optimum humidity level in your home. As a result, you will not be able to maintain an agreeable humidity level.
In most cases, people set the humidifier to maintain a humidity level of 30 to 50%. Now, if you don’t maintain and clean the humidifier over time, it will not be able to keep the humidity level in your preferred settings. So, that’s why it’s indispensable that you keep your humidifier fully cleaned.
How To Clean HoMedics Humidifiers? [10 Easy Steps]
In order to clean your HoMedics humidifier, you’ll need a few tools:
- Soft bristle brush
- White vinegar
- Lukewarm water
- The first thing to do in order to clean your HoMedics humidifier is to unplug the electricity. And then, let the humidifier stay turned off for at least 30 seconds (so it can cool off).
- Then, you’ll have to safely disassemble the tank of the humidifier. Now, while detaching the tank, don’t forget to follow that manufacturer’s guide to safely uninstall the clips that are holding the tank.
- After uninstalling the tank, you’ll get to see the ultrasonic membrane and the reservoir of the humidifier. At this point, you need to understand that cleaning the ultrasonic membrane of the humidifier is the main task in the cleaning process.
- Now, to clean the ultrasonic membrane, you’ll be making a cleaning mixture by adding white vinegar with lukewarm water. The ratio of vinegar to water should be 50/50. That means, if you want to create 1 liter of cleaning solution, you’ll add half a liter of vinegar with half a liter of lukewarm water.
- At this point, you’ll rinse the inside and outside surface of the humidifier tank with the cleaning solution.
- Then, you’ll fill the reservoir of the humidifier with the cleaning solution. After that, you have to let the cleaning solution sit there for 5 to 10 minutes (so that any existing mineral build-ups can get loosened up).
- Now, you’ll notice that the ultrasonic membrane of the humidifier is covered with a transducer covering. You’ll have to remove the transducer cover and pour the cleaning solution into the ultrasonic membrane. Now, let the cleaning solution sit there for 5 to 10 minutes again.
- At this point, you’ll use a brush( with soft bristles ) to gently clean the ultrasonic membrane of the humidifier.
- After the ultrasonic membrane is fully cleaned, you can rinse the whole humidifier, the reservoir, and the tank with freshwater.
- At last, you have to reassemble the humidifier as per the manufacturer’s guide.
And there you go. You’re finished with the cleaning process.
What Not To Do When Cleaning Your HoMedics Ultrasonic Humidifier?
When cleaning your HoMedics ultrasonic humidifier, you have to be careful and you also have to avoid some specific activities. Let’s discuss them below:
Not Touching The Ultrasonic Membrane:
In the cleaning process, never touch the ultrasonic membrane of the humidifier with your bare fingers. It’s because the natural oil from your skin can damage the ultrasonic membrane.
Do Not Submerge The Whole Humidifier In Water:
When rinsing off the humidifier base and the reservoir, do not submerge the whole structure under the water. It’s because the humidifier is indeed a piece of electronic equipment. So, if water touches the electrical circuitry of the device, it can cause it to be permanently damaged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Vinegar Have The Ability To Dissolve And Clean Mold From Humidifiers?
Yes, white vinegar has the perfect cleaning properties to remove molds from your humidifier. For the best result in cleaning the molds, we recommend mixing white vinegar with lukewarm water. The vinegar’s cleaning property, combined with the warmness of the water, can perfectly provide enough cleaning action to brush off any accumulated molds from surfaces of the humidifier’s internal parts.
Can I Use Bleach To Clean My Humidifier?
Yes, you can use bleach instead of white vinegar to clean your HoMedics humidifier. But, in order to do that, you have to mix the bleach with water in a 1:10 ratio. And then, you can use the bleach solution to clean the humidifier following the same instructions given for white vinegar. Simply put, you have to follow the below steps:
- Pouring the solution
- Letting the solution do the cleanup
- Rinsing with fresh water
Can I Use A Humidifier Just After Cleaning It Up?
Yes, it’s perfectly fine to use a humidifier right after the moment it’s cleaned up. Although it’s an electric device, it will most probably have ample splash resistance capabilities. So, there’s very little chance of it being damaged by droplets of water. That’s why a humidifier is ready to serve you right from the moment it’s fully cleaned.
Now that you are aware of how important it is to routinely clean your HoMedics humidifier, we hope you found an adequate answer to the question “How to clean HoMedics humidifiers?”. The bottom line is that you need to know the right techniques to clean a particular model of humidifier.
Unless you follow the precise steps of cleaning, there’s a risk of permanently damaging your humidifier. Anyway, if you follow the instructions we have laid down about, you’ll have no problem keeping good maintenance on your HoMedics humidifier. Best of luck!